Thursday, November 1, 2012

Get a drivers permit in New Jersey, being a citizen but not a resident

Get a drivers permit in New Jersey, being a citizen but not a resident?
Okay so I'm turning 16 in the summer, and I live in Romania (part of the EU). I'm a citizen of The United States being born in New Jersey, and I know that I need to be 16 in order to get a learner's permit. I'll be traveling to the US in the summer as well and I wanted to know if I am valid to get a learner's permit. Thanks!
Other - Cars & Transportation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes, you can get a learner's permit, but then you have to get back and get a real driving license. however, your license will not be approved back in Romania, unless you turned 18 before you got it. if you think of returning to Romania in the fall, I suggest you come back in the US and get a driver's license after you turned 18. It's far easier to get a license here than in Romania and with a few docs the US license is valid in Romania as well, see this link for details http://www.e-transport.ro/INSTRUCTIUNI_PRIVIND_PRESCHIMBAREA_PERMISELOR_DE_C-i33-news2224-p81.html
2 :
Only with a resident permit,.





Read more discussions :

Search News