Sunday, February 1, 2009

How do you get a Scholarship for a US college when you live in Romania

How do you get a Scholarship for a US college when you live in Romania?
My friend lives in Romania and asked me this question. I didn't know how to and was hoping some of you might.
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Tell your friend to simply find a university that suits him, and e-mail admissions about possibilities for financial aid. There is lots of money available at most schools that is set aside for international students. He might have to arrange taking a Test Of English as a Foreign Language first too.
2 :
Romania? I'm from Romania also but i moved here five years ago. About the scholarship....that's a tough question. Your friend could go to the ministry of education (which is in Bucharest) and talk to somebody about a scholarship opportunity. (or send a letter...sometimes it's easier). I do have to warn you that there are not a lot of scholarships available for the US. I really hope this helped and just let me know if you need more information. I'd be happy to answer to any of your questions. Good Luck!






Read more discussions :

Search News