Monday, June 7, 2010

How can I prepare to live in Romania in the future

How can I prepare to live in Romania in the future?
You see when I was in middle school I have a dream of living in Romania but then I realized that Romania was the second poorest country in Europe. After that, my dream was to go Russia. Now, my dream of living in Romania is building up again because I'm having an increase of Moldovan pen pals going to Romania and some Romanians.Also racism in Russia is bigger in Romania. The only way I will survive is if I'm a northern asian like Chinese or Japanese but I'm filipino. My pen pals in Russia is nothing talking to me as much anymore. However, I still have my dream of going to Russia because I have a more advantage of getting there. Here in US, the Romanian language isn't offered in the universities even in the top ones. Also I have more pen pals in Russia.I also need to learn more about the country since I have forgotten most of it. Can anyone tell me how to prepare? like telling me what kind of jobs are there. How can I learn the language? I'm thinking of Cluj-Napoca, can anyone tell me about that too?
Other - Europe - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi Y.A.S.! I lived in Romania as a kid (8-13 y.o.) from 1991 to 1996. (You might recognize my profile picture as "Casa Poporului" or Peoples Palace, Bucuresti) I really enjoyed it, and I would like to encourage you to go someday. "Where there's a will there's a way", right? :-) I speak Romanian and wouldn't mind helping you out if you need it. There are Romanian churches here in the U.S. that I like to visit to practice my Romanian. If you're interested you could tell me the general area you are in and maybe I can tell you where a Rom. church is nearby. Just an idea. Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are similar enough to Romanian that they would be VERY useful "stepping stone" languages if you get a chance to learn them. Even French, but in my opinion French is a bit more distant. Then again, I'm no expert 'cause I don't speak French! I know what you mean about wanting to go to Russia 'cause I visited Ukraine for 5 months back in 2003 and was bitten by the "Russian bug" so to speak. I'm trying to learn some Russian and want to visit Russia itself one day. More power to 'ya man! :-D Venya
2 :
Romania is not the second poorest country in Europe. is the second poorest in European Union (is a huge difference because EU is a rich zone, so that means that Romania is a poor country compared to the rich countries like France, Germany, UK etc.) for learning romanian, you should try www.livemocha.com, and i can help you to learn (if you want email me) if you want to read about Romania: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania Cluj-Napoca is a big city. If you will need a help to find a location from Cluj people will be happy to help you (there are a lot of students so citizen are used to be asked "where is..." or something like that). is a calm city (i have relatives there and i was there, plus my brother learn on a university in Cluj-Napoca). In Cluj are living a lot of minorities and immigrants, so i don't think you will have problems because you are not romanian.





Read more discussions :

Search News